This semester, thanks to the brilliant idea from Cassie Swayze, we are launching Supply of the Month, some kind of wonderful recycled material just waiting to be transformed into amazing student art! February’s Supply of the Month was leftover PVC pipe pieces that come from the Changing Lives Youth Theatre Ensemble set. At our recent Recycled Art Project Skill Share, Cassie presented some really fun ways to make instruments using PVC pipe:
How to make Didgeridoos:
1. Prepare by sanding down both ends with sandpaper so it isn’t rough on your mouth
2. Decorate with electrical tape, sharpies, crepe paper and glue, feathers, stickers, etc.
How to make Rain Sticks:
1. Place coiled wire inside, long enough to go from end to end
2. Cover one end with duct tape
3. Fill with rice or beans, etc.
4. Cover other end with duct tape and decorate!
Here are Cassie’s sources of inspiration and some other great resources for recycled art project ideas!